Last11-22H2 Building Thread

Discussion in 'LastOS News' started by Glenn, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Wallpaper-Wide.jpg

Last11 x64 Pro 22H2
    I have started testing the Dev version of Win 11 with the Tabs feature enabled:

VirtualBox_Win 11 x64_03_07_2022_14_10_14.png
    All our LastOS tools are currently working as we'd hope and the Win 10 Tweaks only required minor updates to function with it.

My findings are it should be a solid OS once released and it'll have a lot better look and feel MUCH more complete than Win 10 or the first 11 releases ever did. Even settings is feeling more complete and usable.

I'll keep posting here as I find more stuff to report and if anyone else has been playing with Win 11 and "needs" inclusions to make it worth their while, please post them and I'll make sure you get them and I enjoy discovering new tools/tweaks and toys :)

BTW this thread is also motivation that I actually release a public build with updated tools.

-EDIT-

ssWPI.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    damir, gavj, vanTorX and 3 others like this.
  2. Glenn

I have it all prepared (been working on it for many days now), I have a complete 21H2 build done and I have the DEV build of 22H2, I may release the 21H2 build for people to use/test so we can discover anything I've missed including or issues, but I am very happy with the results.

Let me know if you have time or the need and I'll upload the build, else we can wait until 22H2 goes final and I'll just do a Win 11 Pro x64 release then.

-EDIT-

Well almost, I have to update the Settings icons and about screen and maybe the Menu.exe.

-EDIT-

All Done... I even updated Settings to refresh post logon so it redraws the dodgy Text fields (hopefully it fixed it anyway).

2Settings.png 3StartMenu.png 4ssWPI.png

I am not real happy with the ssWPI default screenshot, so may work on that still.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    chevy350, damir, -c0dez3ro- and 3 others like this.
  3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Looks good, Glenn (y)

4. Glenn

Please Leave Feedback here if you are testing the Bones_v3.0.iso Beta I am releasing, send a PM or reply here if your interested in testing it :) - Some skills in UltraISO and 7zip required.

5. Glenn

I am updating the readme.txt that Trouba was so kind to supply, anyone can let me know if changes are needed or something is unclear. Better to help once than have to keep posting solutions over and over again :D that if any of us RTFM anyway.

added:
    You can disable the Music in the LivePE by removing X:\ppAppsLive\zzMPC-BE_x64_ppAppLive folder, this will not affect using MPC in the PE.

You can disable the intro movie by removing/renaming X:\sources\$Scripts\Run_00_IntroMovie.cmd, you will see all the behind the scenes scripts on first boot. do not reboot your PC until it's at the desktop with no command windows open. You can close the Intro Movie by clicking it once and pressing Alt+F4 without needing to disable the script mentioned.

To the User Tips.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  6. syntaxterror

syntaxterror New Member

Hi Glenn, I would like to test this out on a few laptops' I have.
    Thanks
    Joe

7. syntaxterror

syntaxterror New Member

Hi no issues on this install. x201 thinkpad.

8. damir

damir New Member

Looks great thanks a lot for information

9. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

id like to test it but honestly im never home ( 1.5 days home on the weekends ) which is doing what ever i can do with my son . i do have my gaming laptime i bring on the road with win 11 but id hate to install anyone on it ( dont want to void the warranty ) i do have my desktop which hasnt been turned on in over 3 to 4 years.