Win 11 Enterprise IoT LTSC new build 24H2 is on the net ..

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ghost, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

The leaked image really isn't very good; I installed a new PS 2024 in a VM using it and couldn't get it to copy large folders without it hanging, and that's with known entity VM drivers. I wasn't ever going to run it live, it's better to just run Win11 Pro in the mean time. I always have one or two system backups laying around for times like that.

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I am out, my PC's lan port doesn't work reliable in 11 ltsc and when I have the wifi USB in, it won't stay asleep...

Just backing it up and will revert to win 10 IOT and stay with that, it's weird that ms are tinkering with network stuff and breaking this and VPNs for people. Maybe they know of a exploit we don't and are scrambling to fix it. Or maybe they just like to break things.. both seem plausible nowdays

3. Glenn

Ok back in Win 10, not 1 single issue with LAN now.

4. Ghost

Ghost Administrator

In most cases from past is if a new LTSC is about to be released, not much longer after, a new version of Windows is about to be introduced, MS changes their mind like the wind ( more like the toilet spinning watching poo spin and go away ) . From what I can tell it will be secure as windows 12 is around the corner ( not really come on MS wouldn't do that )

They always build the newer OS core off the Enterprise level, and then down size it, MS's most money intake is Enterprise, Server and all the variants to Home and Pro. I am back in 10 IoT myself as I was tired of Defender eating all my files ( Secure I say ) At least as for the security of Defender it passes as damn good.

Edge is my hated application that MS has created in many of years, then the 7 clicks to do a 2 click job ( the whole UI )...

5. Glenn

Another update, the LivePEs I built in 24H2 are broken, they stop allowing apps to run in the PE, so be aware of this issue, I'll update if I find it's another cause, but that's the only thing that I changed between my last build and my latest one with newest updates.