Win 11 Enterprise IoT 23H2 ( not LTSC ) is Good ..

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ghost, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

.. This version is just a DOWN version of the 'LTSC 24H2' but more stable. I ran it through a VM and it is a good base for a build to reflect the LTSC version when it comes out.

Grab it here if interested, again, test and discover - https://massgrave.dev/windows_11_links#windows-11-iot-enterprise-23h2

My .iso is - en-us_windows_11_iot_enterprise_version_23h2_x64_dvd_fb37549c.iso

I am going to do a few DISM lines and install it on my live box here in about 30 minutes.

This version is not as striped down as LTSC IoT, but this is a really good base to work with as none of the bloat stuff for 'linked in' Tiktok, all these sucking apps is not thrown in our face and all that is not there, but the basic stuff is, Cortana and all the relative stuff, through it in a VM and see what you can do.

Explorer Patcher works fine in this version :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    Steve Hedges likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, I may as well stick to the newer version for my next base build too, especially if they are slowly fixing the bugs we've found and more tools are working with it.

-Edit-
    My Mistake, I see it's much older, the other one included 26100.1 and this one is 22631.2428.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  3. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I have went back to 10 LTSC as this is just another version based on the 23H2, win 11 LTSC 24H2 will be ok when it is released as I seen the clean side, with all the complaints about the whole OS as is really gets me ( win 11 ), and still MS wants to add garbage to any OS for a few pennies. The 7 click to do 1 thing today is very stupid when it was working fine in 7 respectfully as for a 2 or 3 click scenario, yea you know if you read this, lame ass MS.

I bet there is more info from the people and forums and such that we would know what to do with the FIXING of windows problems, that will persist and will get worse. The winre.wim fix ( KB5034441 ), MS says do it yourself ..... WTF , yea right. Who knows how to use DISKPART ? No one that uses a computer daily like my 79 year old mom, I could see her telling me; let me run DISKPART and get this done since MS cant do it and I do not know WTF am I doing! ... <-- FUNNY .

EDGE - Ok, Microsoft Edge , new OS name, alrighty, I am ok with that.

DEFENDER - Is a PITA in win 11 24H2, as designed, it works ! .

If there is a better way than doing R&D on a OS to know what the capabilities is, please let me know. I would like to see another EU suite to MS for browser choice. Will it happen ? I apologize if this is random.

4. Glenn

I just used my LTSC Win 11 and it installs but fails to first boot on 2 of the machines that older Win 11 Pro worked on, so it seems that Win 11 LTSC and IOT will have the POPCNT SSE 4.2 requirement as well..

Seems the Win 10 IOT will be our go to OS for a lot of years to come for older hardware.

As a Side note I've installed Linux into my main PC now, so all going well I'll get away from this madness entirely and be able to support people moving to Linux. I have no desire to mod Windows 11 Pro anymore, people who want AI, Widgets, Ads and a shit load of issues are welcomed to look elsewhere for their OS's as I'd not recommend it to anyone and with MS updates forcing "features" randomly, why would I trust the install I leave for them to be "behaving" once I leave the PC and a few weeks pass. It's just gone to crap and really I don't see anyone who isn't rocking new hardware willing to give up CPU/RAM and disk space for things they don't even want.

Yes progress should be being made, but not in the middle of a release (They should have waited until Windows 12 and let us using 11 keep doing so in peace). Forcing hardware upgrades is stupid, give us features we WANT and we'll do it because we want to. Thinking because we are all so used to windows as out main OS that we'll be loyal and take this sort of abuse from MS is naive of them... I am VERY interested in what the future will be as I'd never have predicted they'd do this, Else I'd have stayed away from Windows 11 entirely. Sorry to all the people I've installed Windows 11 on their older PC's, I never knew.

The Freezer likes this.
  5. Glenn

Ok another update, the Win 11 LTSC has issues running Portable apps, it complains about virtual machine errors, so if you come across this yourselves, you'll know what's happening.

Ghost likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Does this apply to 23H2 and 24H2 or? As this is the 23H2 none LTSC thread.

EDIT - I added 24H2 to the LTSC thread title to separate these 2 versions apart
    https://www.lastos.org/forum/index....e-iot-ltsc-new-build-24h2-is-on-the-net.2162/

Last edited: May 2, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  7. Glenn

Version 10.0.26100.268 - So 24H2, 23H2 worked with my NTLite portable app fine last time I used it.

Ghost likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Same issue I had with NTLite Portable in 24H2 , PortableDriverMagicianLite was another issue in 24H2 as I had to give a lot more privileges' to the .exe and then it worked ok in a VM ...

Last edited: May 2, 2024 at 7:42 PM